1) Be sure to take your reusable totes with you to the Exchanges! They will give you 5 cents for each bag you use (they will deduct it from your total). Excludes the Commissary.
2) All of the Exchanges will price match a local competitor’s price (given it falls within their guidelines). Simply bring in the current, local competitor’s ad for the identical item and they will match the price. They also honor verbal challenges – Just tell them that you saw an identical item at a lower price in a local competitor’s store and they will match a difference up to $10 on the spot. A greater price difference requires model and price verification by a supervisor. Excludes the Commissary. You can also price match between the Exchange and the Navy Exchange.
3) You can price match and use coupons at the Exchanges. Excludes the Commissary.
4) The Exchanges worldwide have a 14-Day Price Guarantee on any item originally purchased from the Exchange and subsequently sold at a lower price by the Exchange, or any local competitor. Simply bring in your receipt and take it to the Customer Service desk. Excludes the Commissary.
5) Printable AAFES/Exchange Store coupons (located here) can be used at other Exchanges.
7) You can stack one manufacturer coupon with one Exchange or NEX Store coupon to maximize your savings! But you are not allowed to stack coupons at the Commissary.
8) There is no sales tax when you shop at the Exchanges! That means purchase your big ticket items there (that’s where we bought our last two Mac’s). There’s also no sales tax at the Commissary, however, there is a 5% surcharge added to your bill. The surcharge covers the costs of building new commissaries and renovating existing ones.
10) There is a huge coupon database for Military Store Coupons HERE – be sure to check this often before you go shopping!
** Extra! For a huge list of Frequently Asked Questions for couponing and price matching at the Exchanges, please check out my post here.
You may also be happy to know that all these stores are also on Facebook! Click on the links below to become a fan:
FTC Disclosure: Military Wives Saving aims to provide unbiased editorials. However, I wish to disclose that from time to time I may receive free products or other compensation from companies for blogger reviews or links that you click on my site. You may read my disclosure policy here.