Are you new to the military-lifestyle? Just PCS to a new installation and need to get your checking account set up? Think you have to set up an account at the bank in town? Think again. USAA makes it unbelievably easy to have a bank account, even when there are no local branches. So easy, that I’m switching to them from my local bank, without hesitation.
Why? Well, for one, USAA will refund any ATM fees no matter what ATM you use and second, you can deposit checks with a scanner at home or on your smartphone, or at a UPS store! Pretty neat, right?
Need more reasons to join? Here they are:
- No monthly service fees regardless of your balance
- Free USAA Debit MasterCard
- Free USAA Web BillPay — pay, manage and view all your bills in one place
- Free overdraft protection options
- Free checks
- Earn interest on balances over $1,000
- Switch with ease — set up Direct Deposit, Web BillPay and more from one convenient place once you open your account
- Use any ATM nationwide for free — if another bank charges you, we’ll refund the fees (up to $15/mo)
- Deposit checks instantly — qualifying members can deposit checks with a computer and scanner with USAA Deposit@Home® or from an iPhone™ or Android™ smart phone with Deposit@Mobile®.
- Check your account balance, transfer funds and more at home with usaa.com or on the go with our free apps for iPhone, Android, Blackberry and more.3
- Deposit checks in your neighborhood — use USAA Easy Deposit at participating locations of The UPS Store®.
- Service and manage your accounts at our financial centers.
- Plus … USAA offers car insurance (of course – but get this – you will get a special discounted rate if you have a personal /savings checking account with them!
- Check out USAA.com for more info!