Commissary Coupon Policy + Using Coupons at the Commissary
Quick Note: It is okay to share Commissary prices, so long as you are not sharing the prices listed from the Virtual Commissary on Commissaries.com
Be sure to keep your eye out for the tearpads located all throughout the commissary; some are exclusive military coupons, and some are manufacturer’s coupons. Also, never shop at the Commissary on payday. Why? That’s when the manufacturers raise their prices, so DeCA has to, also. Prices go back down to normal a few days after pay day
* Overage will be given if the coupon value exceeds the item price. Any overage over $25 will be given as a Commissary gift card.
* Commissaries DO NOT double or triple coupons.
* Only one coupon can be used per item.
* Commissaries WILL accept Internet printed coupons and WILL accept BOGO Free internet printed coupons (but they will not accept an internet printed coupon for just (1) free item).
* The Commissary does accept CATALINA coupons so long the verbiage states “Redeemable at” or “Redeem at,” on top of other mfr. coupons. These are “coupons” that print alongside the register at off-post grocery and drugstores. Read about it here.
Also, be sure to check out DeCA’s Facebook Notes for a ton of information on coupon usage!
Commissary Rewards Card
The Commissary rolled out the Rewards card in 2012. You can get a card at your store, and then register it online here. Once it’s registered, you can load eCoupons to it. My advice to you is to do a separate transactions for items you are using your card on if you have paper coupons for other groceries. That way you don’t confuse the card and miss out on savings. You should also swipe your Rewards card at the beginning of the transaction to ensure you get all of your savings. You can read more about the Rewards card here.
We Use Coupons Commissary Forum
Be sure to visit We Use Coupons, to view all the HOT freebies and overage items This is my absolute fave forum; hope you’ll like it, too!
You can also view the Exchange Store Guides by clicking on the links below: