2 cups all-purpose flour
1, 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1, 1/2 cups mashed bananas (4-5 medium sized – can be ripe, or over ripe)
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup Chocolate Chips (optional)
- Grease bottom of loaf pan, set aside.
- Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt in a large bowl, and then set aside.
- In another medium sized bowl, combine eggs, bananas, sugar and oil. Mix well, and gradually add to flour mixture. Stir until just moistened. This is where you can add your Chocolate Chips as well.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 60 minutes. Check with toothpick to see cooked through.
- Cool in pan for 10 minutes, then remove from pan and let cool completely on a wire rack. I suggest wrapping it in aluminum for a day or so, before serving.
Post published by Melissa Roach, a new Frugal Recipes writer for Military Wives Saving.
Melissa is a Full Time Mom & Blogger HERE (please check out her blog)